| 教学互动 | 科研情报 | 德育 | 综合实践 | N
As the time went on，the weather got worse．（as表示“随着……”之意）
He sang as he went along．他边走边唱。
They stopped trying when they might have succeeded next time.
While I am willing to go, I would like it better that you went.
Child as he is, he knows a lot.
Much as I like it, I will not buy it, for it’s too expensive.
Try as he might, he couldn’t find a job.
Somebody be about to do…when…
Somebody be on the point of doing…when…
Somebody be doing… when…
Somebody had done…when…
We were having a meeting when someone broke in.
We were about to set off on our way, when it suddenly began to rain.
He likes pop music, while I am fond of music.
①when=since, now that… “既然”
Why do you want a new job when you’ve got such a good one already?
As he was not ready in time, we went without him.
1. Success came ______ she began to play leading parts in radio plays.
A. While B. as C. when D. if
2. The atmosphere gets thinner and thinner _______ the height increases.
A. When B. as C. while D. since
3. I was just about to go to sleep______ there was a loud knock on the door.
A. While B. when C. as D. since
4. They were surprised that a child should work out the problem_____ they themselves couldn’t.
A. When B. where C. until D. while
5. We were swimming in the lake______ suddenly the storm started.
A. When B. while C. until D. before
6. I do every single bit of housework______ my husband Bob just does the dishes now and then. (04高考广西卷)
A. Since B. while C. when D. as
7. _____ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person.(04高考江苏卷)
A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless
8. Jasmine was holidaying with her family in a wildlife park_____ she was bitten on the leg by a lion.(04高考上海卷)
A. When B. while C. since D. once
9. _____modeling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model will always be in demand.(o4高考浙江卷)
A. While B. Since C. As D. If
10. All gases and most liquids and solids expand ______ heated.
A. as B. while C. before D. when
11. We have only three books______ we need five.
A. as if B. if C. when D. even though
12.How can we explain it to you_____?
A. while you are listening B. unless you will listen
C. as you won’t listen D. when you won’t listen
13._______ I had to work to support my family.
A. When I was a little child B. While I was a little child
C. As I was a little child D. Before I was a little child
14._____________, helicopters flew to the burning building.
A. While the firefighters were trying to control the fire
B. As the firefighters were trying to control the fire
C. As soon as the firefighters were trying to control the fire
D. After the firefighters had controlled the fire
15. The husband was looking after the baby__________.
A. after his wife cooked in the kitchen
B. as his wife was cooking in the kitchen
C. when his wife was cooking in the kitchen
D. while his wife was cooking in the kitchen
16. Look at the sun. It is shining._______ it’s sunny, let’s go for a walk.
A. as B. when C. if D. as soon as
17. The sad mother sat on the roadside，shouting_______ she was crying.
A. what B. when C. as D. which
18. Hardly had we entered the room ______ it began to rain.
A. while B. as C. then D. when
19. ___________, he does get annoyed with her sometimes.(04).
A. Although much he likes her B. Much although he likes her
C. As he likes her much D. Much as he likes her
20.______ years go by，China is getting stronger and richer